God is sovereign even in adversity. God is still in control.
- “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).
God doesn’t want us to worry or be afraid. He will help us.
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6,7).
Use the help God gives us to help others.
- “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good” (Romans 12:21).
- “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God” (2 Corinthians 1:3,4).
Latest posts by Sheryl Cowling (see all)
- Scripture comfort in adversity - 2020/03/23
- Parenting tips to help kids cope - 2020/03/23
- Episode 08 – When disaster strikes - 2016/06/13