Does God really care? Not only does God care for this world, but he is also genuinely interested in each one of us.
The Bible is full of beautiful passages that illustrate God’s great concern for what happens in the world and your life.
- “He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name” (Psalm 147:4). Wow! Some estimate that there are 70 sextillion stars in the universe. That’s ten times the number of grains of sand on the earth. And God calls each by name!
- Jesus said, “The very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows” (Luke 12:7). I don’t notice when a few of my hairs make their way to the shower drain, but God does! He doesn’t just care about the big stuff but thinks about everything, down to the smallest detail.
Take a minute to brainstorm one or two other passages or truths from the Bible that show God is interested in what happens in the world.
Want to read more? The full text of this article is available via subscription.
Author: David Scharf
Volume 107, Number 09
Issue: September 2020
- Q&A: Can a Christian vote for a political candidate who supports abortion? - 2020/09/22
- Q&A: Does God really care? - 2020/08/31
- Bible study: God cares - 2020/08/31