“Your gifts, God’s blessings: An annual report to our members” is available in January. The 2020 report highlights the blessings that God has showered on WELS through the gifts of its members. The report includes photos of Christian brothers and sisters around the world, stories of faith, and updates on WELS’ ministry.
“As church bodies go, the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod is not among the largest or most visible,” says WELS President Mark Schroeder, in the report. “Yet, despite our relatively small size, God continues to allow our synod, our churches, and you to carry out his work in a wide variety of ways.”
Here are just a few examples:
- Training hundreds of young people for gospel ministry.
- Inviting members back to church in Welcome Home services around the country.
- Sending missionaries to places like Vietnam and Paraguay to train workers and preach the gospel. Print versions of the report will be sent to every WELS congregation and to synod donors. See more highlights from 2019 in this month’s edition of WELS Connection.
Read more at wels.net/annualreport. The new report will be online in late January.
Volume 107, Number 01
Issue: January 2020
- New virtual academy offers opportunities - 2021/04/25
- WELS podcasts: Impact - 2021/04/25
- Ministry in Europe continues despite pandemic challenges - 2021/04/25